Nationality : Italian
- December 2014 – June2017: Researcher at Hamburg Universität (Germany)
- May 2014 – November 2014: Researcher at Leibniz Universität Hannover (Germany)
- April 2014, M.S. – Physics – University of Camerino (Italy)
- December 2011, B.S. – Physics – University of Camerino (Italy)
PhD topic and brief description
- My research topic concerns quantum gravity. The Planck length constitutes a fundamental bound below which position cannot be defined. It has therefore been suggested that the Heisenberg uncertainty relation should be modified to take into account such quantum gravitational effects. The aim of my project is to setup an optomechanical experiment at cryogenic temperatures to quantify the deformation parameter of the uncertainty relation. To reach this goal the nonlinear effects in the phase of a Si3N4 membrane in its quantum state will be measured.
Email : email@example.com